GEOSTUDIO 2016 STANDARD INTRODUCTORY HANDS-ON TRAINING (Malaysia)
03 Apr 2018 (Tue)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Level 13-06, Menara MBMR, No.1, Jalan Syed Putra
58000 Kuala Lumpur
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 15th March 2018.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with networking capability.
- Training License will be provided.
The objective of this course is to provide users with an introduction to modeling techniques in GeoStudio Standard. Key features essential for proper usage of the software will be covered. Participants should be more comfortable in maneuvering with the available tools and find it easier to ‘get started’ after this course.
1. Introduction to GeoStudio Standard Suite
- Integration of SLOPE/W, SEEP/W and SIGMA/W
- Using analysis results from one engine to another
- Multiple analysis on the same model/geometry
- Examples with Integration
2. SLOPE/W: Slope Stability Analysis
- Factor of Safety Approach
- Method of Slices
- Defining a stability problem
- Soil Material Properties
- Pore-water pressure options
- Analysis: Slip Search Methods: Entry-Exit, Grid-Radius
- Analysis Method: Janbu, Bishop, Ordinary, Morgenstern-Price, Spencer, GLE
- Optimization of Slip Surface
- Drawing a line/point surcharge/tension crack options filled/not filled with water
- Reinforcement: pile, anchor, soil nails, geofabric
- Safety Map
- Sensitivity analysis: piezometric line; soil parameters
- Graph Plotting: Strength vs Mobilised Shear
3. SEEP/W: Groundwater Seepage Analysis
- Finite Element Seepage Modeling in GeoStudio
- Meshing: Quadrilateral, Triangular, General
- Mesh Refinement point, line, regions
- Steady State Seepage Analysis in SEEP/W
- Saturated/Unsaturated Soil Model
- Defining a hydraulic conductivity function
- Defining and assigning hydraulic boundary conditions
- Viewing pore water pressure contours/flow vectors
- Flux Vectors
- Transient Flow Example
4. SIGMA/W: Stress and Deformation Analysis
- Linear Elastic Analysis in SIGMA/W
- Sequential Construction using Cloning and using results from parent analysis
- Defining In-situ and Load/Deformation Analysis
- Generating Interface Elements with different soil properties
- Defining and assigning Stress/Strain Boundary Conditions
- Add/Remove Regions (Excavation/Fill)
- Viewing X and Y Displacement/Stresses
- Drawing Customized graph contours of results from finite element nodes and Beam elements
Er. Choo is a Singapore Registered Professional Engineer with many years of consulting experience both in Singapore and USA. In USA, he was a consultant with Dietrich Industries, Inc. and designed many Light-gauge steel frame structures scattered over USA. He also spearheaded Dietrich Industries’s first IT project worth USD 4 millions which enable their engineers to model, analyse and design any steel structures in 3D with automatic shop drawing generation. In Singapore, he was a consultant at CPG Consultants Pte Ltd where he designed and supervised many building projects.
He is currently the Technical Director of Otte International Pte Ltd, which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design with advanced engineering software. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars in Singapore and overseas.
Er. Choo graduated with Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and School of Engineering Dean’s List in his undergraduate studies in the same university.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 working days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcome at no extra charge.