S110E: ETABS v18 Hands-On Training (Singapore)
04 Sep 2019 (Wed) - 05 Sep 2019 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 31 July 2019.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection.
- Training License will be provided.
This is a comprehensive hands-on training course on using ETABS v18 to model, analyze, design and detailed a Concrete Building Structure subjected to static gravity and lateral load. The course will also include an introductory session on Seismic Loadings on building structure.
Introduction to ETABS
- Overview of ETABS system
- Understanding ETABS’s GUI
Overview of FE Method
- FEM objects used in ETABS
- Line – Frame (Beam & Column)
- Area – Shell/Plate/Membrane (Slab & Wall)
- Understanding elements forces and stresses
- Meshing of FE elements
- Use of Constraint
Creating an ETABS model
- Setup Units, Grids, Storeys, Reference Planes & Line
- Define Load Pattern, Load Combination, Load Case
- Creating Model -Draw Walls, Columns, Beams & Slab
- Assign Loadings
- Analysis, Design and RC Detailing
- Modeling of Frame system
- Beam Vs Column
- Section Designer Section
- Non-prismatic Section
- Frame end releases
- End Length Offset and Rigid Zone
- Panel Zone for shear deformation
- Beam Stiffness Modifier
- Torsional effects in Beams
- Modeling Floor system
- Virtual membrane for “Yield-line” load collections
- Plate or Shell for structural floor
- Beam-Slab interactions
- Cantilever beam/slab modeling
- Rigid & Semi-rigid Diaphragm
- Modeling Wall system
- Area stiffness modifier
- Shell with limited out-of-plane stiffness
- Coupled Walls system
- Pier design
- Spandrel design
RC Element Design
- Frame Design per EC2
- Wall Design per EC2
- Pier design
- Spandrel design
- RC Floor Design per EC2
- Print/Display Table for tabular output
- Print Graphics for graphical output
- RC Detailing using CSiDetailer
Advanced Analysis Features
- Modal Analysis
- Stage Construction
- Effects of Elastic Shortening
- Nonlinear Static Analysis
- Tension/Compression Only members
- Nonlinear Links (Gap/Hook)
- Virtual Work Drift Lateral Optimization
- Seismic Loading on Building
- Modeling Raft Foundation
- Raft on grade
- Pile Raft
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.