S110F: SAFE v2016 Hands-On Training (Malaysia)
16 Oct 2019 (Wed) - 17 Oct 2019 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Level 13-06, Menara MBMR, No.1, Jalan Syed Putra
58000 Kuala Lumpur
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 16th September 2019.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. (Not applicable to Early-bird registration)
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with networking capability.
- Training License will be provided.
SAFE v2016 is the ultimate integrated tool for designing reinforced and post-tensioned concrete floor and foundation systems. This version introduces versatile 3D object-based modeling and visualization tools. Charged with the power of SAPFire, this release redefines standards in practicality and productivity. From framing layout to detail-drawing production, SAFE integrates every aspect of the engineering design process in one easy and intuitive environment. SAFE v2016 is vastly enhanced and improved in every facet. It provides unmatched benefits with its unprecedented combination of power, functionality and ease-of-use.
This two-day hands-on SAFE training course will provide practicing engineers with a comprehensive overview of the new features and required know-how on how to use the all new SAFE v2016 to effectively model, analyze and design various floor systems. An introductory session on P/T modeling with SAFE P/T is also included.
Introduction to SAFE v2016
- SAFE key features overview
- Sample model from Template (Start to Finish)
- Loading, Analysis, Design & Detailing
SAFE v2016 GUI overview
- Screen manipulate tools
- Drawing Tools
- Snap Control
- Edit Line/Area
- Creating Default.FDB
- Draw beams, slabs, columns, walls
- AutoCad Reference drawing
Understanding FEM in SAFE
- Objects overview
- 1D elements
- 2D elements
- Support & Restraint
- Design Strip Vs FEM methods
- Orthotropic slab properties
- Slab stiffness modifier
- Compatibility vs Equilibrium torsion
Creating a SAFE model
- Load Pattern
- Load combination
- Load Case
- Loading the model
- Point load
- Line load
- Area load
- Special features
- Mesh refinement
- Mesh orientation based on Area local axis
- Autoline constraint
- Insertion point offset
- Beam design with Axial loading
- Releasing Members
- Beam release
- Slab releases (Edge and Line)
- Advanced modelling options
- Rigid Diaphragm for top of columns and wall above
- Ignore vertical offset for Non PT model
Linear Analysis with SAFE
- Modelling Beam
- Modeling Floor
- Create model
- Analysis model
- Design beam and slab
- RC Detailing
Advanced/Nonlinear Analysis with SAFE
- Modal Analysis
- Cracked Analysis
- Cracked Analysis (Creep + Shrinkage)
- Allow Uplift
- Cracked width
Introduction to SAFE P/T
- PT modelling, analysis & design
- PT output and display
Integration with ETABS
- Import floor from ETABS
- Import Spectral forces
Er. Choo is a Singapore Registered Professional Engineer with many years of consulting experience both in Singapore and USA. In USA, he was a consultant with Dietrich Industries, Inc. and designed many Light-gauge steel frame structures scattered over USA. He also spearheaded Dietrich Industries’s first IT project worth USD 4 millions which enable their engineers to model, analyse and design any steel structures in 3D with automatic shop drawing generation. In Singapore, he was a consultant at CPG Consultants Pte Ltd where he designed and supervised many building projects.
He is currently the Technical Director of Otte Group of Companies, which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design with advanced engineering software. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars in Singapore, Malaysia, and overseas.
Er. Choo graduated with Master of Public Works, and Master of Science in Civil Engineering with a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and School of Engineering Dean’s List in his undergraduate studies in the same university.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accpted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge