S110F: SAFE v2016 Hands-On Training (Singapore)
18 Dec 2019 (Wed) - 19 Dec 2019 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 18th November 2019.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. (Not applicable to Early-bird registration)
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with networking capability.
- Training License will be provided.
SAFE is an integrated FEM tool for designing reinforced and post-tensioned concrete floor and foundation systems. The software includes a versatile 3D object-based modeling and visualization tools. From framing layout to detail-drawing production, SAFE integrates every aspect of the engineering design process in one easy and intuitive environment.
This two-day hands-on SAFE training course will provide practicing engineers with a comprehensive overview of the new features and the required know-how on how to use the all new SAFE 2016 to effectively model, analyze and design various floor systems. An introductory session on P/T modeling with SAFE P/T is also included.
Introduction to SAFE v2016
- SAFE key features overview
- Sample model from Template (Start to Finish)
- Loading, Analysis, Design & Detailing
SAFE v2016 GUI overview
- Screen manipulate tools
- Drawing Tools and Snap Control
- Edit Line/Area
- Draw beams, slabs, columns and walls
- Working with AutoCad Reference drawings
- Creating the Default safe database
Understanding FEM and Modeling in SAFE
- FE Objects overview
- 1D and 2D elements
- Support & Restraint
- Nonlinear Springs
- Controling orthotropic slab properties
- Slab stiffness modifier
- Useful features:
- Auto-line constraint
- Insertion point off set
- Beam and slab release
- Rigid Diaghragm for top of columns and wall above
- Ignore vertical offset for Non PT model
- FE Meshing, refinement and orientation
- Design Strip vs FEM methods
- Compatibility vs Equilibrium torsion
- Beam-Slabs interactions
Linear Analysis with SAFE
- Modelling Beam/Slab system
- Modeling Flat slabs
- Modeling Foundation system
- Model Analysis for floor vibration
- 2-way shear check on slabs (Punching Shear)
Advanced/Nonlinear Analysis with SAFE
- Nonlinear Cracked Analysis
- Long term effects (Creep and Shrinkage)
- Cracked widths
- Nonlinear analysis that allow uplift
- Modeling for bi-level floor system
- Modeling for transfer system
Introduction to SAFE P/T
- Add tendons to design strips
- PT modelling, analysis & design
- PT output and display
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.