S110S: SAP2000 v21 Hands-On Training (Singapore)
08 Jan 2020 (Wed) - 09 Jan 2020 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 8th December 2019.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above (Not applicable in conjunction with Early-bird promotion).
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with networking capability.
- Training License will be provided.
This short course aims to provide engineers with an overview of the fundamentals and capabilities of SAP2000 for Structural Analysis and Design of typical Structures including both Reinforced concrete and Steel. The course will cover primarily linear and static analysis but will cover some aspects of non-linear and dynamic analysis at an introductory level.
Introduction to SAP2000 System
- Overview of SAP2000 v21 GUI system
- Understanding SAP2000 analysis and design capability
- Workflow in SAP2000
Modelling of Frame Structures
- Overview of 1D FE objects (DOF & Meshing)
- Loadings and elements forces on frame elements
- Frame insertion points
- Joint modelling (rigid zone, end-length off set and deformable panel zone)
- Constraints (Rigid Diaphragm, Body, Equal)
- Understanding Steel Frame Design with Direct Analysis Method
Modelling of Floor/Wall Systems
- Overview of 2D FE objects (Membrane, Plate & Shell)
- Elements forces and stresses
- Floor (FEM vs. “Yield-line” method)
- Wall loading through Joint Pattern
- Meshing of 2D FE elements
- Constraints (Auto-line constraints)
- Stiffness modifier
- Cracked section properties
- 1-way load transfer for slab
Advanced Modelling and Analysis
- Beam-Slab Interaction
- Drawing/Defining Section-Cuts to extract shell forces/stresses
- Stage Construction
- Buckling Analysis
- PT tendons as forces or elements
- Cable elements with automatic initial profile
- Simple Steel Bridge with RC deck
- Mixed RC and Steel Framed Factory Building with Direct Analysis Method (DAM)
- Staged Construction for Underground structure
- Buckling analysis for a Thin Shell Cylinder structure
- Staged Construction for Precast Framing
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.