S111E: ETABS v18 Hands-On Training I (Singapore)
17 Feb 2021 (Wed) - 18 Feb 2021 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
SafeEntry Checkpoints required and Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 7 February 2021.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.
This is a comprehensive hands-on training course on using ETABS to model, analyze, design and detail a Reinforced Concrete Building Structure subjected to static gravity loads and lateral loads.
This course introduces the core technologies needed to become an adept user of ETABS, including an overview of the key finite elements modelling and analysis concepts. Limited registration and small class sizes allow for interaction with the instructor, and in-person courses allow additional time for discussion, exercises and Q&A.
This course is helpful for people with little experience with ETABS and numerical modelling of building structure, as well as for experienced users who would like to broaden their basic understanding of the ETABS system.
- CSi software
Creating an ETABS model
- Defining materials and sections
- ETABS GUI
Modelling of Frame System
- Beams and Columns
- End-length offset and Rigid-zone for RC frames
- Panel zone for steel beam to column joints
- Rigid-links for beam and column offsets
Modelling of Floor System
- Membrane floors
- Shell floors
- Rigid and Semi-Rigid Diaphragm Constraints
- Beam-slab interactions
- Floor stripping for design
- Flexible foundations
Modelling of Wall System
- Shear-wall modelling
- Pier and Spandrel wall design
Modelling for secondary effects
- P-Δ and P-δ analysis
- Simplified method
- Direct method
Useful tools in ETABS
- Modal analysis with Eigen or Ritz vectors
- Virtual Work Diagrams
Sequential Construction Analysis
- Analysis for transfer system
RC Building analysis and design
- Modelling with Crack sections properties
- RC Frame design with EC2
- RC Wall design with EC2
- Flexible foundation design with nonlinear springs.
- Detailing with CSiDetail
- Creating Revit BIM model with CSixRevit
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats of 10, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.