S211E: ETABS v18 Hands-On Training II (Singapore)
04 Nov 2020 (Wed) - 05 Nov 2020 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
SafeEntry Checkpoints required and Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 21 October 2020.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.
This is an advanced level course on using ETABS to perform linear and nonlinear analysis to facilitate detailed design of a Building Structure.
This course will assume participants had attended the ETABS I course and will focus more on using the advanced features of ETABS for detailed analysis of building.
Limited registration and small class sizes allow for interaction with the instructor, and in-person courses allow additional time for discussion, exercises and Q&A.
Pre-requisite needed: ETABS Hands-On Training I (S111E) or ETABS Hands-on Training (S110E).
Introduction to ETABS advanced features
- Dynamic analysis
- Nonlinear analysis
Overview of Mode Shapes and Stiffness
- Element and Joint Stiffness
- Overview of Crack Section properties
- Significant of Modal Analysis
Advanced Modelling tools
- Creating elements through extrusion
- Section Cut for Shell Force/Moment
- Constraints for offset connections
- Virtual Works Diagram to understand structural response
Understanding Structural Stability
- Standard Solver for detailed reporting
- Effects of Rigid and Semi-Rigid Diaphragm
- Modelling of “Membrane Walls“
Direct Analysis of Structures
- P-delta (P-δ and P-Δ) with Large displacement
- Modelling for Imperfection
- Direct Analysis Method (DAM) for Steel Framing
Sequential Construction Analysis
- Auto Sequential Analysis
- Time Dependent Material Properties
- Design of transfer system
- Why not transferring shear wall?
Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis
- Nonlinear frame elements
- Nonlinear wall elements
- Nonlinear links
Introduction to Dynamic Analysis
- SDOF and MDOF system
- Time History Analysis
Seismic Analysis Building
- Equivalent Lateral Force Method
- Response Spectrum Analysis
- Time History Analysis
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats of 10, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.