S211E: ETABS v18 Hands-On Training II (Singapore)
19 Aug 2020 (Wed) - 20 Aug 2020 (Thu)
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
1 Pemimpin Drive #10-11, One Pemimpin
SafeEntry Checkpoints required and Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 19 July 2020.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.
This is an advanced course using ETABS to perform linear and nonlinear analysis for detailed design for Building Structure.
Our limited registration and small class size promote valuable interactions with the instructor, and hands-on exercises are closely guided.
Pre-requisite needed: ETABS Hands-On Training I (S111E) or ETABS Hands-on Training (S110E).
Introduction to ETABS advanced features
- Dynamic analysis
- Nonlinear analysis
- Performance based design
Overview of Crack Section properties
- Stiffness modifier for Frame and Shell
- Crack displacement analysis
- Display crack widths for Slab
Advanced Modelling tools
- Creating elements through extrusion
- Curve beam, ramp and circular wall
- Section Cut for Shell Force/Moment
- Slab forces
- Wall forces
- Constraints for offset connections
- Virtual Works Diagram to understand structural response
Understanding Structural Stability
- Standard Solver for detailed reporting
- Effects of Rigid and Semi-Rigid Diaphragm
- Modelling of “Membrane Walls“
Understanding Modal Analysis
- Mode Shapes
- Mass source definition
- Fundamental Periods and Frequencies
- Building lateral stiffness in terms of Fundamental Period
Direct Analysis of Structures
- P-delta (P-δ and P-Δ) with Large displacement
- Modelling for Imperfection
- Direct Analysis Method (DAM) for Steel Framing
Sequential Construction Analysis
- Auto Sequential Analysis
- User defined Sequential Analysis
- Time Dependent Material Properties
- Design of transfer system
- Transfer beam and column
- Transfer wall
Introduction to Nonlinear Analysis
- Nonlinear frame elements
- Nonlinear wall elements
- Nonlinear links
Introduction to Dynamic Analysis
- SDOF and MDOF system
- Time History Analysis
- Effects of Resonance
- Effects of Damping
Seismic Analysis Building
- Equivalent Lateral Force Method
- Response Spectrum Analysis
- Time History Analysis
Er. Choo is a Singapore-Registered Professional Engineer with over 30 years of building design experience, both in Singapore and the USA. He had designed over 200 Light-gage steel frame structures scattered over USA and many RC and Steel buildings in Singapore when he was a consultant in major consulting companies.
Er. Choo has extensive experience in computer-aided analysis and design using advanced engineering software. He is well-versed in advanced numerical analysis including Nonlinear Dynamic Analysis and Performance Based Design.
He is the Technical Director of the Otte group of companies which specializes in advanced and innovative IT solutions for Building, Structural and Geotechnical Engineering professionals. He has conducted numerous training courses and seminars both in Singapore, Malaysia and other countries.
Er. Choo graduated with a Master of Public Works and Master of Science in Civil Engineering, earning a Full Academic Merit Scholarship from the University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA. He was also awarded the Chi Epsilon (National Civil Engineering Honor Society, USA) scholarship in the Metropolitan District, the National Dean’s List and the Pitt’s School of Engineering Dean’s List during his undergraduate studies in the University.
Terms and Conditions
- Due to limited seats of 10, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.