Advanced Seismic Analysis and Design with ETABSv20 per EC8 (Malaysia National Annex)
The two-day course aims to equip the participants with the necessary technical expertise and software skills for seismic analysis and design of buildings in Malaysia per EC8 (Malaysia National Annex). Participants are assumed to have basic knowledge of structural dynamics and are familiar with basic functions of ETABS software. The emphasis of the course will thus be on detailed implementation of EC8-code permitted methods and use of computer software ETABSv20. Key concepts in correct and effective modelling of buildings will be demonstrated with focus on Lateral Force Method (static) and Response Spectrum Method (linear dynamics). Participants will be guided through hands-on examples for seismic analysis and design of several realistic buildings. While the emphasis is on EC8 for Malaysia, the knowledge and skills learned will also be useful for design of overseas projects with seismic requirements.
|This is an advanced level hands-on training course on using ETABS to model, analyze, design and detailed a Concrete Building Structure subjected to static gravity and lateral loads. A discussion on modelling for PPVC elements and seismic loading based on EC2 is also included.|
|ETABS advanced features|
|• Overview of ETABS advanced analysis and design capabilities
• Advanced analysis examples:
i) Nonlinear analysis of a Steel Frame Structure
ii) Dynamic vibration analysis for a Pedestrian bridge
• Performance Based Design overview
|Overview of FE Method (FEM)|
|• FEM objects used in ETABS
• Understanding elements forces and stresses
• Meshing of finite elements
• Proper use of Constraints
• Modeling for Connectivity
|Proper modeling of building system|
|• Elements stiffness with cracked stiffness modifiers
• Use of Rigid diaphragm
• Modal analysis for building response
• Virtual works diagram to optimize building performance
• P-delta analysis
• Modeling for imperfections
• Sequential construction analysis
• Modeling with flexible foundation
• Direct Analysis Method (DAM) for steel framed structures
|Modeling for PPVC Building|
|• Overview of PPVC modelling concepts
• Modelling of PPVC connecting components
• Modelling of composite PPVC elements
• Global vs Part model for PPVC elements design
|Seismic loadings on building|
|• Seismic design concepts overview
• Overview of structural dynamics
• Application of seismic loads per EC8
i) Equivalent lateral Force
ii) Response Spectrum Analysis
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats of 14, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
SafeEntry Checkpoints required and Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.