S110F: SAFE v20 Hands-On Training (Malaysia)
SAFE is an integrated FEM tool for designing reinforced and post-tensioned concrete floor and foundation systems. The software includes a versatile 3D object-based modeling and visualization tools. From framing layout to detail-drawing production, SAFE integrates every aspect of the engineering design process in one easy and intuitive environment. The all new SAFEv20 also design composite beams for composite floor system.
This two-day hands-on SAFE training course will provide practicing engineers with a comprehensive overview of the new features and the required know-how on how to use the all new SAFE v20 to effectively model, analyze and design various floor systems. An introductory session on P/T modeling with SAFE P/T is also included.
|Introduction to SAFE||Linear Analysis with SAFE|
|• Key features overview|
• Sample model from Template (Start to Finish)
• Loading, Analysis, Design & Detailing
|• Modelling Beam/Slab system
• Modeling Flat slabs
• Modeling Foundation system
• Model Analysis for floor vibration
• 2-way shear check on slabs (Punching Shear)
|SAFE GUI overview||Advanced/Nonlinear Analysis with SAFE|
|• Screen manipulate tools|
• Drawing Tools and Snap Control
• Edit Line/Area
• Draw beams, slabs, columns and walls
• Working with AutoCad Reference drawings
• Creating the Default safe database
|• Nonlinear Cracked Analysis
◦ Long term effects (Creep + Shrinkage)
◦ Cracked widths
• Nonlinear analysis that allow uplift
• Modeling for transfer system
|Understanding FEM and Modeling in SAFE||Introduction to SAFE P/T|
|• FE Objects overview|
• 1D and 2D elements
• Support & Restraint
• Nonlinear Springs
• Controling orthotropic slab properties
• Slab stiffness modifier
• Useful features:
◦ Auto-line constraint
◦ Insertion point off set
◦ Beam and slab release
◦ Rigid Diaghragm for top of columns and wall above
◦ Ignore vertical offset for Non PT model
• FE Meshing, refinement and orientation
• Design Strip vs FEM methods
• Compatibility vs Equilibrium torsion
• Beam-Slabs interactions
|• Support lines
• Add tendons to design strips
• PT modelling, analysis & design
• PT output and display
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats of 12, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
My Sejahtera Check-in required and 1 Meter Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 06 September 2022.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.
- Participants are required to submit the COVID-19 Vaccination Digital Certificate together with registration form.