Geostudio 2021 CORE Hands-On Training (Malaysia)
Participants will learn the basics of using GeoStudio CORE suite to perform limit equilibrium slope stability analysis, finite elements seepage analysis and finite element stress-deformation analysis.
|Introduction to GeoStudio CORE Suite||Part 2. SEEP/W: Groundwater Seepage Analysis|
|• Integration of SLOPE/W, SEEP/W and SIGMA/W|
• Using analysis results from one engine to another
• Multiple analysis on the same model/geometry
• Examples with Integration
|• Finite Element Seepage Modeling in GeoStudio
• Meshing: Quadrilateral, Triangular, General
• Mesh Refinement point, line, regions
• Steady State Seepage Analysis in SEEP/W
• Saturated/Unsaturated Soil Model
• Defining a hydraulic conductivity function
• Defining and assigning hydraulic boundary conditions
• Viewing pore water pressure contours/flow vectors
• Calculating flow rate
• Transient Flow Example
|Part 1. SLOPE/W: Slope Stability Analysis||Part 3. SIGMA/W: Stress and Deformation Analysis|
|• Factor of Safety Approach|
• Method of Slices
• Defining a stability problem
• Soil Material Properties
• Pore-water pressure options
• Analysis: Slip Search Methods: Entry-Exit, Grid-Radius
• Analysis Method: Janbu, Bishop, Ordinary, Morgenstern-Price, Spencer, GLE
• Optimization of Slip Surface
• Drawing a line/point surcharge/tension crack options filled/not filled with water
• Reinforcement: pile, anchor, soil nails, geofabric
• Safety Map
• Sensitivity analysis: piezometric line; soil parameters
• Graph Plotting: Strength vs Mobilised Shear
|• Linear Elastic Analysis in SIGMA/W
• Sequential Construction using Cloning and using results from parent analysis
• Defining In-situ and Load/Deformation Analysis
• Generating Interface Elements with different soil properties
• Defining and assigning Stress/Strain Boundary Conditions
• Add/Remove Regions (Excavation/Fill)
• Viewing X and Y Displacement/Stresses
• Drawing customized graph results from finite element nodes and beam elements
• Embankment built-up example
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats of 12, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 26 March 2021.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.