S110S: SAP2000 v22 Hands-on Training (Singapore)
This short course aims to provide engineers with an overview of the fundamentals and capabilities of SAP2000 for Structural Analysis and Design of typical Structures including both Reinforced concrete and Steel. The course will cover primarily linear and static analysis but will cover some aspects of non-linear and dynamic analysis at an introductory level.
|Introduction to SAP2000 System||Advanced Modelling and Analysis|
|• Overview of SAP2000 GUI system|
• Understanding SAP2000 analysis and design capability
• Workflow in SAP2000
|• Beam-Slab Interaction
• Drawing/Defining Section-Cuts to extract shell forces/stresses
• Stage Construction
• Buckling Analysis
• PT tendons as forces or elements
• Cable elements with automatic initial profile
• Finding CG of the structure modelled
|Modelling of Frame Structures||Hands-on Examples|
|• Overview of 1D FE objects (DOF & Meshing)|
• Loadings and elements forces on frame elements
• Frame insertion points
• Joint modelling (rigid zone, end-length off set and deformable panel zone)
• Constraints (Rigid Diaphragm, Body, Equal)
• Understanding Steel Frame Design with Direct Analysis Method (DAM)
|• Mixed RC and Steel Framed Factory Building with Direct Analysis Method (DAM)
• Staged Construction for Underground structure
• Buckling analysis for a Thin Shell Cylinder structure
• Staged Construction for Precast Framing
|Modelling of Floor/Wall Systems|
|• Overview of 2D FE objects (Membrane, Plate & Shell)|
• Elements forces and stresses
• Floor loadings (FEM vs, “Yield-line” method)
• Wall loading through Joint Pattern
• Meshing of 2D FE elements
• Constraints (Auto-line constraints)
• Stiffness modifier
◦ Cracked section properties
◦ 1-way load transfer for slab
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats of 10, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
SafeEntry Checkpoints required and Social Distancing Rules applies.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 31 May 2021.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.