- Natural earth and rock slopes
- Sloping excavations
- Earth embankments
- Open-pit high walls
- Anchored retaining structures
- Berms at the toe of a slope
- Surcharges at the top of a slope
- Earth reinforcement, including soil nails and geofabrics
- Seismic and earthquake loading
- Tension cracks
- Partial and total submergence
- Line load at any point
- Unsaturated soil behavior
SLOPE/W can use finite element computed stresses from SIGMA/W or QUAKE/W to calculate a stability factor by computing both total shear resistance and mobilized shear stress along the entire slip surface. SLOPE/W then computes a local stability factor for each slice.
Probabilistic analysis can be performed by using normal distribution functions to vary soil properties and loading conditions. Using a Monte Carlo approach, SLOPE/W computes the probability of failure in addition to the conventional factor of safety.
- Limit equilibrium methods include Morgenstern-Price, GLE, Spencer, Bishop, Ordinary, Janbu and more.
- Soil strength models include Mohr-Coulomb, Spatial Mohr-Coulomb, Bilinear, Undrained (Phi=0), anisotropic strength, shear/normal function, and many types of strength functions.
- Specify many types of interslice shear-normal force functions.
- Pore-water pressure options include Ru coefficients, piezometric lines, pressure contours, a grid of values, spatial functions, or finite-element computed heads or pressures.
- Define potential slip surfaces by a grid of centers and radius lines, blocks of slip surface points, entry and exit ranges, fully specified shapes, or automatic.
- Use probabilistic soil properties, line loads and piezometric lines.
- Transient stability analyses
- And many more!
- Microsoft® Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, Windows® 8, Windows® 7 SP1
- Intel® Pentium® 4 or better, or AMD Opteron™ or Athlon™ 64 or better. (GeoStudio is optimized for multi-core Intel processors)
- 1 GB hard disk space
- 1024×768 screen resolution.
For 3D features, your graphics card must support Direct3D® Feature Level 10_1 or greater.
This includes graphics cards such as (and newer than):
- Nvidia® GT 300
- ATI® Radeon® HD 4000 Series
- Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000
- Microsoft® .NET 4.0 will be installed automatically if it is missing.
- VMware® ESXi™ 5.5 and 6.0
- VMware® Workstation™ 11 and 12
- Microsoft® Hyper-V® on Windows Server® 2016, 2012 R2, 2012, and Windows® 10
- Citrix® XenServer® 6.2, 6.5 and 7.0