S110F: SAFE v2016 Hands-On Training (Malaysia)
This two-day hands-on SAFE training course will provide practicing engineers with a comprehensive overview of the new features and the required know-how on how to use the all new SAFE 2016 to effectively model, analyze and design various floor systems. An introductory session on P/T modeling with SAFE P/T is also included.
|Introduction to SAFE v2016||Linear Analysis with SAFE|
|• SAFE key features overview|
• Sample model from Template (Start to Finish)
• Loading, Analysis, Design & Detailing
|• Modelling Beam/Slab system
• Modeling Flat slabs
• Modeling Foundation system
• Model Analysis for floor vibration
• 2-way shear check on slabs (Punching Shear)
|SAFE v2016 GUI overview||Advanced/Nonlinear Analysis with SAFE|
|• Screen manipulate tools|
• Drawing Tools and Snap Control
• Edit Line/Area
• Draw beams, slabs, columns and walls
• Working with AutoCad Reference drawings
• Creating the Default safe database
|• Nonlinear Cracked Analysis
◦ Long term effects (Creep and Shrinkage)
◦ Cracked widths
• Nonlinear analysis that allow uplift
• Modeling for bi-level floor system
• Modeling for transfer system
|Understanding FEM and Modeling in SAFE||Introduction to SAFE P/T|
|• FE Objects overview|
• 1D and 2D elements
• Support & Restraint
• Nonlinear Springs
• Controling orthotropic slab properties
• Slab stiffness modifier
• Useful features:
◦ Auto-line constraint
◦ Insertion point off set
◦ Beam and slab release
◦ Rigid Diaghragm for top of columns and wall above
◦ Ignore vertical offset for Non PT model
• FE Meshing, refinement and orientation
• Design Strip vs FEM methods
• Compatibility vs Equilibrium torsion
• Beam-Slabs interactions
|• Add tendons to design strips
• PT modelling, analysis & design
• PT output and display
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats of 12, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 5 March 2021.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.