GeoStudio CORE 2-Days Comprehensive Hands-on Training (Malaysia)
|A comprehensive 2-days hands-on training class in using GeoStudio CORE (SLOPE/W, SEEP/W and SIGMA/W) to perform Slope Stability, Seepage and Stress Deformation Analysis. The course will cover the fundamental theory and proper modelling techniques and concepts of using GeoStudio application to solve practical geotechnical problems.|
Introduction of GeoStudio
Overview of slope engineering with SLOPE/W
• Shear strength of soils
• Total vs Effective stress concept
• Basic theory of generalized slope stability analysis
More features of SLOPE/W
• Various methods of analysis, different slip surface option,
• Handling of pore pressure
• Handing of weak layers, submerged layers, and reinforcements
Integration of SLOPE/W and SEEP/W
Slope stability analysis with EC7 Code
Sensitivity and parametric study with SLOPE/W
Overview of seepage analysis with SEEP/W
• General Seepage theory
• Boundary conditions
• Appropriate Soil models
• Presentation and interpretation of results
Seepage with Steady State flow
K properties for unsaturated soils
Effect of Unsaturated soil parameters and infiltration in Seepage modelling
Introduction of Transient seepage analysis
Integration of SEEP/W and SLOPE/W.
Overview of the stress-deformation analysis with SIGMA/W
• Theory and Modelling with SIGMA/W
• Material properties and boundary conditions
• 2D Plain-strain and Asymmetric modelling
Evaluation of various soil models
Drained and Undrained conditions
Introduction of Coupled Consolidation Problem
Integrating SIGMA/W and SLOPE/W
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Due to limited seats, registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. Training seats will be confirmed upon receipt of payment.
- Cancellation of registration notice must be made in writing if you are unable to attend. Course fees refund as follows:
- Notice received 14 days prior to course date – 90% refund.
- Notice received 7 days prior to course date – 75% refund.
- Cancellation will not be accepted if notice is received less than 7 days before the event; but a substitute delegate is welcomed at no extra charge.
- Early-bird fees only valid for registrations received by 06 Oct 2023.
- 20% discount for registration of a group of 3 and above. This 20% discount is not applicable to Early-bird registration.
- Participants are required to bring their own laptops with support for WiFi connection and Windows System.
- Training License will be provided.